Unless you are working up a sweat at the gym or hiking through Rock Creek Park or training for the Marine Corp Marathon …. never let people see you sweat.
It might be true that sweat and sweating are a natural part of life. However, if you’re one of the millions out there who suffers from excessive sweating, also referred to as Hyperhidrosis, then sweating feels far from natural. It’s embarrassing and frustrating as it impacts many aspects of daily life. You know what we’re talking about if any of the following apply to you or someone you know:
- You fear going out on a date because you’re afraid that your nerves will translate to huge sweat spots showing up under your arms (not to mention the odor that comes along with it).
- The thought of giving a presentation in front of your coworkers brings dread because of your sweaty shirt or blouse that will likely steal the show.
- You hate going to the gym because you know you’re going to leave a puddle of sweat on everything you touch.
- You steer clear of large crowds, even at fun events or outings, because you don’t want to be embarrassed when someone scrunches their nose because you smell like body odor.
- You’re tired of marking up your favorite outfit with white, chalky deodorant marks.
- You’re frustrated that nothing you try helps eliminate or reduce the odor or amount of sweat under your arms.
- You’re tired of feeling dirty and sticky all day long, no matter how many times you shower.
- You don’t wear certain fabrics, like silk, because you know your sweat will ruin them.
- You’re afraid to get up close and personal with anyone.
Can excessive sweating be treated?
Fortunately, there is an FDA-approved treatment that can help. miraDry is a non-invasive treatment used to permanently eliminate underarm odor and sweat glands. The results are immediate and permanent with the treatment time taking approximately one hour in the comfort of your doctor’s office.
How does miraDry work?
Through utilizing energy to target and destroy underarm odor and sweat glands, the miraDry system provides a permanent solution to excessive sweating. Once the glands are eliminated, they do not reappear, so you can rest easy knowing the treatment lasts forever. Results can vary between patients, but many achieve desired results in as little as one treatment.
Is the miraDry treatment right for you?
If you’re someone who has been diagnosed with Primary Axillary Hyperhidrosis, is embarrassed by underarm sweat, frustrated by underarm stains on shirts, wants to finally be free from underarm sweat, or is sick of feeling sticky throughout the day, then miraDry could be the perfect solution for you. It’s also great for those seeking a lifestyle free from toxins found in many skin care deodorants.
Imagine not having to worry about being embarrassed by underarm sweat or odor or never having to purchase deodorant ever again. Your sweat stops here. You also have the option of reducing underarm hair along with hyperhidrosis with miraDry sister treatment miraSmooth.
Contact Dr. Gerrish & Associates MedSpa today to schedule a consultation to determine if miraDry or miraSmooth is right for you. Our experts are standing by to help you achieve the results you desire to live a confident, comfortable, sweat-free life. Call now for your private consultation. 703.255.5580.
**Note: Individual results may vary. miraDry is indicated for the treatment of primary axillary hyperhidrosis, or those bothered by their sweat.
miraDry is not indicated for use for those under 18 years of age.