With everything going on in our lives, it can be easy to forget all of the rules your provider gives you during your Botox or Dysport treatment. Here is a quick checklist for all of the reminders you need re: making your wrinkles disappear!
- come every 3-4 months for best results, going far past this window can cause wrinkles to reappear!
- wait the full 2 weeks for full results
- take your own before and after photos to track the progress, your injectors LOVE to see it!
- have realistic expectations. For some people, deep static lines may not fully go away or may take multiple treatments to improve.
- trust your injector when they tell you your dose. This is still a medical treatment! We want you to look your best, your dose is individually tailored to your anatomical needs.
- expect to bruise, our face has blood vessels everywhere and sometimes bruises are unavoidable. Plan accordingly!
- workout after your treatment, wait 24 hours.
- drink alcohol or take NSAIDs the night before, as this can increase the risk for bruising.
- rub the skin or put makeup on immediately after, keep the area clean and germ-free!
- wear a tight hat/ headband or lay flat for 4 hours after your appointment, as it could cause unintentional migration of the Botox.
- hesitate to follow up with your provider to make adjustments after it is fully kicked in, but remember after 2-3 weeks it is no longer a “touch up”.
Gerrish MedEsthetics is an Allergan Top 250 office.
Your facial rejuvenation needs are as unique as you are. Schedule a complimentary, no-pressure consultation with Dr. Gerrish or one of our outstanding injectors to learn more about BOTOX, Dysport or Dermal Fillers.